Choosing the right alarm company can be an overwhelming task if you're not familiar with any alarm companies. Here are a few tips to go by so that you can make an informed decision.
1. Ask family members or friends that have alarms about their system and how their experiences have been with their alarm company.
2. To find out how reliable an alarm companies service department is, call and ask for the service department and see how long it takes for you to get either a return phone call or to speak to someone. This is very important because someday you may need some repairs done and not being able to reach someone is extremely frustrating especialy when you are paying a monthly fee to that company.
3. Ask you sales person how long they have been in the alarm industry. Ask what qualifies them to be able to design an alarm system. Remember they are designing an alarm system to protect your home or business from burglary or fire.
4. Ask your sales person if all of their installers are licensed in the state that you are in. Also ask how many years experience each on them has installing alarm systems.
5. Ask your sales person if you will own the equipment that they are going to install. (some companies only lease you the equipment, so if you are unhappy with them and switch you will have to purchase the equipment again)
6. Ask what the monitoring term is and if they will raise your monitoring rate after the first year.
7. Remember that bigger doesn't always mean better.